Mariners Inn serves as an anchor for those struggling to navigate the treacherous waters of homelessness and substance abuse through a wide range of social service programs that achieve the best possible outcomes for adults, families and youth affected by addiction.
Mariners Inn provides 24 hour, residential, substance abuse treatment for adult, homeless men of Southeastern Michigan, in a professional, compassionate, therapeutic environment conducive to reducing their problems of drug and alcohol addiction, thereby promoting their return to health, independence, and increased self-worth.
At Mariners Inn we are dedicated to helping homeless men, seeking to be free of addiction, live independent lives filled with dignity and purpose.
Founded in 1925 by the Episcopal Diocese of Michigan, Mariners Inn is a nationally acclaimed, licensed, full-service treatment center providing substance abuse treatment, shelter, and supportive services to Southeast Michigan’s homeless men. Mariners Inn holds the most prestigious three-year accreditation through the Commission for the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), is licensed to provide integrated treatment, and is one of Detroit’s premier treatment providers.
Mariners Inn has been recognized with several awards over the years, including:
- 1999, County of Wayne, Michigan: A Resolution that honored Mariners Inn for outstanding service to the community.
- 1999, Michigan Council on Problem Gambling: for staff member Lois Johnson’s work on behalf of problem gamblers.
- 2000, Organization of the Year Award from the Michigan Department of Career Development: for providing employment opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- 2000, Certificate of Appreciation Award from the City of Detroit: for an outstanding contribution and commitment to the Census 2000 effort.
- 2001, CARF Accreditation
- 2001, Spirit of Detroit Award: for leadership and dedication to improving the quality of life for our residents.
- 2003, Detroit City Council: Distinguished Service Award.
- 2005, CARF Accreditation
- 2008, CARF Accreditation
- 2011, Finalist for Crain’s Best Managed Nonprofit
- 2011, Unsung Community Warrior Award, Michigan Food and Beverage Assoc./Metro Detroit Youth Day
- 2013, Finalist for Crain’s Best Managed Nonprofit
For HIPAA Privacy Statement, please click here.